You can use filters to refine and focus summary and detail reports in Bill Analyst. You can create a filter for a specific report type (e.g., Charges, Usage, Accounts Receivable, Credits and Adjustments). When you add a filter to a report, you can select any filter that is available for that report type.
Every filter requires at least one condition. You use three components to set up a data filter condition:
- Reporting field—a piece of data (e.g., area code, account number, duration, originating city).
- Comparison operator—how the relationship between the reporting field and value will be tested (e.g., contains, does not contain, is equal to) or whether the operator appears in a list.
- Value—what the reporting field is being compared to.
- Charge, is greater than, $x.
- Day of Week, is equal to, Tuesday.
- Data Volume, is greater or equal, to 5GB.