Please verify that your router is rated at the maximum speed of the service you purchased. Non-commercial routers (ex. Linksys, Netgear) support only a few hundred Mbps maximum speed despite supporting the GigE (1000Mbps) specification for the interfaces.
Please ensure that you have configured the following interface options (if available) on your router for the Ethernet port connected to Lumen:
- Interface speed: 100 Mbps (for 100/100 Mbps interfaces) or 1000 Mbps (for 1 Gigabit interfaces), no auto-negotiation
- Interface duplex: Full-duplex, no auto-negotiation
- Interface flow-control: Disabled
- Interface keep-alive: Disabled
For IP/data services only:
- Multi-virtual circuit support: configure VLAN tagging traffic for converged services or multi-VRF as needed.
- Traffic shaping: For CIRs below access rate (subrate), configure traffic shaping using an egress rate shaping policy on your router. Learn more about traffic shaping