The router/gateway is a networking device used to connect your Dthernet local area network (LAN) to an internet service provider (ISP). Below are the requirements for a CPE router when Lumen provides the access circuit and when an alternate carrier is used.
- If RFC 1918 address space is to be used on the IP phones, then the gateway must support network address translation to a globally unique, internet routable IP address: one-to-one (NAT) or one-to-many (PAT).
- Gateway must support a UDP NAT (PAT) timer value greater than or equal to 60 seconds. All Lumen gateways support this.
- Gateway must not manipulate the SIP packets at the application layer (SIP ALG functionality should be disabled, unless the device is managed by Lumen).
- If your router has an integrated firewall, learn how to configure your firewall for VoIP service.
CenturyLink DNS resolvers:
Public SBC IP addresses (IPv4):
- 22.214.171.124 (Chicago 1)
- 126.96.36.199 (Chicago 2)
- 188.8.131.52 (Forest Park)
- 184.108.40.206 (Highlands Ranch 1)
- 220.127.116.11 (Highlands Ranch 2)
- 18.104.22.168 (Los Angeles)
- 22.214.171.124 (Indianapolis)
- 126.96.36.199 (Tukwila)
Private SBC IP addresses (IPv4):
- 188.8.131.52 (Chicago 1)
- 184.108.40.206 (Chiacgo 2)
- 220.127.116.11 (Forest Park)
- 18.104.22.168 (Highlands Ranch 1)
- 22.214.171.124 (Highlands Ranch 2)
- 126.96.36.199 (Los Angeles)
- 188.8.131.52 (Indianapolis)
- 184.108.40.206 (Tukwila)
If you're using a router that is not managed by Lumen, we strongly recommend that you turn off SIP ALG.