You can use filters to refine and focus summary and detail reports in Bill Analyst. You can create a filter for a specific report type (e.g., Charges, Usage, Accounts Receivable, Credits and Adjustments). When you add a filter to a report, you can select any filter that is available for that report type. You can also edit filters you've created or delete filters you no longer need.
Every filter requires at least one condition. You use three components to set up a data filter condition:
- Reporting field—a piece of data (e.g., area code, account number, duration, originating city).
- Comparison operator—how the relationship between the reporting field and value will be tested (e.g., contains, does not contain, is equal to) or whether the operator appears in a list.
- Value—what the reporting field is being compared to.
- Charge, is greater than, $x.
- Day of Week, is equal to, Tuesday.
- Data Volume, is greater or equal, to 5GB.